Our people are the most important component of Addsum. We firmly believe that the development of a vibrant, structured, and balanced team is the key to creating a truly great company. We treat our employees with great respect and help them to grow, learn, and maximise their unique potential. We offer training sessions in various divisions so each employee understands the company’s targets for each period and direction of development, giving them an insight into the company, inspiring pride and ownership in their own contribution. We strongly believe that each employee is the independent cornerstone for the company to reach its goal. Our personnel are equipped with language skills in English, Mandarin, Cantonese and various other Chinese dialects. Our local work experience and deep understanding of the Australian and Chinese culture is invaluable and gives us the edge on our competitors. Our combined professional knowledge, and our unique experiences combine to make us a formidable ally to our valued clients, helping them achieve better results in the global market.
Our Partners & Directors
Founding and managing partner
Cathy Guo founded Addsum in 2002. She has years of international and local accounting, tax and finance experience, working closely with listed companies, private companies and HNW individuals in both Asia and Australia. She is highly regarded for her skills in corporate governance and business operations, and has aided complete processes of families and businesses moving to Australia, from advising on Australian business culture to personally familiarising them with Australian culture and integrating them into the scene.
At the heart of Cathy’s personal philosophy is the forming of genuine relationships, with a focus on building connections and trust. She prides herself on the talented, close-knit team that she has assembled and the culture that they have fostered. Cathy sees her biggest achievement as growing Addsum from a one woman show into a successful medium-size, energetic company with wide-ranging expertise.
Cathy is a qualified public accountant (IPA), a registered tax agent (RTA) and a Justice of the Peace (JP). She was a member in the Advisory Board of Multicultural NSW.
JP • CA • RTA
- Derek holds a master degree in accounting (University of Sydney) and is a Chartered Accountant Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ), a registered tax agent (RTA), a SMSF auditor, a Chinese Certified Public Accountant (CICPA), and an AFSL holder. Derek is also a Justice of the Peace (JP).
- He has many years’ experience in accounting, tax, audit, consulting in Australia and in China. Before joining Addsum, Derek worked in Deloitte and RSM.
CA • RTA
Partner & Solicitor
- Sheldon has over 20 years of broad experience in China, Australia and New Zealand in tax compliance, tax advisory and business consulting services. Prior to joining Addsum, Sheldon spent 12 years working in ‘Big Four’ firms PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) and Deloitte across offices in China, Australia and New Zealand, and also headed up the China desk at global mid-tier accounting firm Baker Tilly Pitcher Partner’s office in Sydney.
- Sheldon is a Chartered Accountant Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ), a registered MARA migration agent and a registered tax agent (RTA), and has been admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor in the Supreme Court of Australia and the High Court of New Zealand since 2003. He holds a Masters of Laws degree from the University of Sydney, and a First Class Honours Bachelor of Commerce and a Bachelor of Laws from the University of Auckland.
CPA • RCA
Partner & Licensed Auditor
- Peter started as an auditor with Arthur Young & Company in Hong Kong. He became a qualified accountant and senior auditor in the 1980s, before migrating to Australia in 1986.
- With over 30 years of audit experience in Hong Kong and Australia to date, Peter is a licensed auditor and is providing a full range of audit and assurance services to Addsum’s clients. As a licensed auditor, he has worked on audit assignments on many large and small international corporations as well as various non-audit consultancy assignments.
- Clients enjoy the benefits of Peter’s extensive experience in International tax, property project management, auditing and management consulting services.
- Peter holds a Masters degree in Commerce from the University of New South Wales, Bachelor of Social Science degree from the University of Hong Kong, and holds Certified Practising Accountant (CPA) qualifications both in Australia and Hong Kong.
General Manager – Finance
- Sunday became an accredited Mortgage Broker and a member of Mortgage and Finance of Association of Australia (MFAA) in 2002. Sunday joined Addsum as the General Manager at late 2013 with his knowledge and expertise in residential and commercial mortgage finance.
- Sunday had accumulated diverse exposure and experiences in various businesses before he took up the General Manager position in a Sydney CBD brokerage in late 2009. Since then Sunday has overseen and grown the brokerage in volume, expanded the business offshore and diversified its clientele and business portfolio.
director – business development
- Daisy has over 15 years of extensive international business development and marketing experience in China, Singapore, Malaysia and Australia, prior to joining Addsum in 2020 as the Business Development Director.
- This experience has been cultivated acting in senior positions within Fortune 500 companies such as Schneider Electric and Philips in China. In her most recent business development role with Dahua Technology in Australia, she was responsible for driving businesses for the entire Oceania Market.
- Away from her professional attributes, Daisy is committed to promoting community welfare, especially for the Chinese community in Australia. Daisy was the 1st General Manager of Association of Chinese Accountants Australia (ACAA), also the Secretary General of Australia-China Finance and Economic Forum.
Director of Business Service
- Kai Xie has over 10 years of broad experience in Australia specialises in financial accounting and taxation. Kai has been involved in accounting compliance and tax advisory work for many multinational corporations, state owned enterprises and wealthy family groups across various industries including retail, wholesale, real estate, mining, agriculture, and energy.
- Kai Xie obtained Master of Financial Analysis from University of New South Wales and Bachelor of Accounting and Finance from University of Sydney. He is a member of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ) and a fellow member of The Tax Institute.