Our people are the most important component of Addsum.
We firmly believe that the development of a vibrant, structured, and balanced team is the key to creating a truly great company.
We treat our employees with great respect and help them to grow, learn, and maximise their unique potential. We offer training sessions in various divisions so each employee understands the company’s targets for each period and direction of development, giving them an insight into the company, inspiring pride and ownership in their own contribution.
We strongly believe that each employee is the independent cornerstone for the company to reach its goal. Our personnel are equipped with language skills in English, Mandarin, Cantonese and various other Chinese dialects.
Our local work experience and deep understanding of the Australian and Chinese culture is invaluable and gives us the edge on our competitors. Our combined professional knowledge, and our unique experiences combine to make us a formidable ally to our valued clients, helping them achieve better results in the global market.
Our partners and directors
cathy guo JP
+61 405 335 328
- Cathy is a qualified public accountant (IPA), a registered tax agent (RTA) and a Justice of the Peace (JP). She has years of international and local accounting, tax and finance experience and she is working closely with listed companies in China and Australia.
- Addsum remain committed to celebrating multicultural achievements and promoting the benefits of our cultural and linguistic diversity. Cathy Guo is a member in Advisory Board of Multicultural NSW who actively participating in the advisory to the New South Wales state government on the cultural diversity activities
derek wang JP CA
+61 430 486 288
- Derek holds a master degree in accounting (University of Sydney) and is a Chartered Accountant Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ), a registered tax agent (RTA), a SMSF auditor, a Chinese Certified Public Accountant (CICPA), and an AFSL holder. Derek is also a Justice of the Peace (JP).
- He has many years’ experience in accounting, tax, audit, consulting in Australia and in China. Before joining Addsum, Derek worked in Deloitte and RSM.
jack zhang CA
+61 450 308 088
- Jack has over 20 years professional experience. Before joining Addsum, Jack has worked in public practice at KPMG and PwC in Australia, China and Europe for over 16 years. He participated in a wide range of auditing, IPO and due diligence projects to a wide portfolio of private and multinational companies operating in Australia, Europe, mainland China and Hong Kong.
- Jack is currently the chairman of each of the audit committee and the remuneration committee and the nomination committee of Neo Telemedia Limited, a Hong Kong listed company. In addition, Jack has served as a CFO in a large property developer in Australia overseeing A$2 billion projects.
- Jack is a Chartered Accountant Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ), a Chartered Accountant in England and Wales (ICAEW) and a Chinese Certified Public Accountant (CICPA).
sheldon mak CA
partner and solicitor
+61 450 318 988
- Sheldon has over 18 years of broad experience in China, Australia and New Zealand in tax compliance, tax advisory and business consulting services. Prior to joining Addsum, Sheldon spent 12 years working in ‘Big Four’ firms PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) and Deloitte across offices in China, Australia and New Zealand, and also headed up the China desk at global mid-tier accounting firm Baker Tilly Pitcher Partner’s office in Sydney.
- Sheldon is a Chartered Accountant Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ), a registered MARA migration agent and a registered tax agent (RTA), and has been admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor in the Supreme Court of Australia and the High Court of New Zealand since 2003. He holds a Masters of Laws degree from the University of Sydney, and a First Class Honours Bachelor of Commerce and a Bachelor of Laws from the University of Auckland.
general manager – finance
+61 450 753 808
- Sunday became an accredited Mortgage Broker and a member of Mortgage and Finance of Association of Australia (MFAA) in 2002. Sunday joined Addsum as the General Manager at late 2013 with his knowledge and expertise in residential and commercial mortgage finance.
- Sunday had accumulated diverse exposure and experiences in various businesses before he took up the General Manager position in a Sydney CBD brokerage in late 2009. Since then Sunday has overseen and grown the brokerage in volume, expanded the business offshore and diversified its clientele and business portfolio.
notary public and solicitor
+61 2 9212 4881
- Phillip Silver is a practising Solicitor and Notary Public in NSW Australia. In addition to his Australian presence, Phillip is honoured to be represented internationally, through his partnerships in his highly acclaimed South African legal practices in Johannesburg in South Africa.
- Phillip Silver is Addsum’s business partner who specializes in helping our clients from business laws aspects.